Phone: (604) 688-6332
Dr. Shahidi is a gastroenterologist at St. Paul’s Hospital and Pacific Gastroenterology Associates with a focus on the screening and management of pre-cancerous and cancerous lesions of the esophagus, stomach, colon and rectum; this includes the application of organ-sparing minimally invasive endoscopic resection techniques and third space endoscopy.
· Screening and management of pre-cancerous and cancerous lesions of the gastrointestinal tract: esophagus, stomach, colon, and rectum.
· Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)
· Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)
· Barrett’s endotherapy: Mucosectomy and radiofrequency ablation
· Per-oral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) and third space endoscopy/tunneling techniques
· Medical Degree: University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
· Fellowship in Gastroenterology:University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
· Advanced Fellowship in Interventional Endoscopy: Westmead Hospital and the University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
· Undergraduate and graduate medical trainees
· Gastroenterology fellowship
· Therapeutic endoscopy fellowship