Dr. Whittaker has a well-established history as a gastroenterologist, practicing in Vancouver since 1984 starting at UBC Hospital prior to joining the staff at St. Paul’s hospital in 1988. Today, he is active both at St Paul’s Hospital and in his private practice.
- IBD and Nutrition
- Home parental nutrition
- Hereditary cancer
- Bachelor of Science (Hons Mathematics) and Medical Degree – University of British Columbia
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology – University of Toronto
- Medical Research Council Fellowship, specializing in nutrition under the tutelage of Dr. K. N. Jeejeebhoy, a leading thought leader and professor emeritus of Parental Nutrition.
- Clinical Professor - Undergraduate and Graduate medical trainees
- Member of Examination Board of Gastroenterology
- Outcomes in endoscopy
- Colon cancer screening